04 Jul American Hamburgers
Happy 4th July! Also known as Independence Day, this day celebrates the US declaring independence from Great Britain. What better way to celebrate than with an all-American classic: Hamburgers!
|Beef, mince, raw||kg||2|
|Sauce, worcestershire, commercial||ml||150|
|Sauce, tomato, commercial regular||ml||150|
|Bread roll, for use in hamburger or hot dog recipes||kg||1.8|
|Lettuce, iceberg, raw||Shredded||g||500|
|Mustard, hot english||g||50|
|Gherkin, pickled, drained commercial||Thinly slice||g||875|
|Onion, spring, raw||Finely chop||g||80|
- Preheat oven to 150°C / 130°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place mince, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce and half the tomato sauce in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Mix to combine and shape into 1.5 cm thick patties.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer cooked patties to prepared baking tray and top each patty with 1 cheese slice.
- Bake patties with cheese for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Place lettuce on roll bases, top with patties, mustard, gherkins, onions, remaining tomato sauce and roll tops.
|Healthy Choices||Suitable for healthy choices.|
|Vegetarian Diet||Not suitable.|
|Fortified||Serve with extra cheese.|
|Gluten Free||Replace bread roll with gluten free rolls.|
|Dairy Free||Omit cheese.|
|Pureed||Not suitable to be pureed.|
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @soupedupsolutions