01 Feb Apple Buttermilk Muffins with Coconut Crumble
The aroma of these freshly baked apple muffins will tempt even the fussiest residents.
The toasted coconut crumble adds to the irresistible taste and flavour, while buttermilk has a range of health-promoting properties.
In Ayurveda, buttermilk is used to maintain health and as a treatment against diseases. It is easy to digest, is a natural treatment against swelling, irritation, digestive disorders, anaemia and also helps stop a decrease in appetite.
Try stopping at just one!
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Self-raising Flour||g||900||Gluten (in wheat; oats; rye and barley), Wheat gluten (gliadin)|
|Dried Cinnamon Ground||g||10|
|Ingredients (Topping)||Prep||Unit||Serve 30||Allergens|
|White Plain Flour||g||75||Gluten (in wheat; oats; rye and barley), Wheat gluten (gliadin)|
- Preheat oven to moderately hot.
- Grease muffin pans with butter.
- Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in large bowl; stir in apple, then combined egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan; top with coconut crumble.
- To make coconut crumble: Place ingredients in small bowl: rub butter into mixture using fingertips.
- Bake in moderately hot oven (180°C) about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.