07 Aug Apple pie
The chill of winter really puts you in the mood for comfort food. Soups, casseroles, really any kind of food that can be served hot. One kind of food that has been so far absent from our winter comfort food lineup has been dessert, an absence that simply cannot be allowed to continue.
The SoupedUp recipe for this week is a simple and delicious apple pie that is also suitable to be pureed – just omit the pastry and puree the cooked apple and serve with a vanilla-scented whipped cream. Delicious!
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Apple, Canned or puree||kg||4|
|Lemon peel, Raw||Zest||g||15|
|Oil spray, Canola (rapeseed)||ml||60|
|Pastry, Puff, Vegetable oil commercial raw||kg||1.5|
|Egg, Chicken, Whole raw||g||100|
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine apple, caster sugar and lemon zest.
3. Grease a pie dish using oil spray.
4. Pour mixture into pie dish and cover with pastry.
5. Brush pastry with egg wash.
6. Cook in oven 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.