20 Jun Apple rhubarb crumble
Fruity, filling and comforting, this buttery oat dessert, served with custard or cream, is the perfect winter fare. Cooked apple and rhubarb with a topping of oats, coconut, sugar, flour and butter, baked until treacle-golden.
|Rhubarb , stewed, sugar sweetened no added fat||kg||1.2|
|Apple , canned or puree||Slice||kg||1.2|
|Flour , wheat, white plain||g||750|
|Sugar , Caster||g||450|
|Coconut , grated & desiccated||g||150|
|Oats , rolled, uncooked||g||300|
|Butter , plain, no added salt||g||600|
|Milk , cow, fluid unflavoured||l||1.1|
|Sugar , Caster||g||100|
|Custard powder , dry mix, commercial||g||200|
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Combine rhubarb and apple and place in baking container.
- Combine plain flour, sugar, coconut and oats. Mix in butter to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Top fruit evenly with crumble mixture. Bake in oven until golden brown (20-30 minutes).
- Serve with cream or custard.
- Bring 2/3 of the milk to the boil.
- Add sugar and custard powder to the remaining milk. Add to hot milk and cook, stirring until thickened.
|Healthy Choices||Suitable for healthy choices as is.|
|Vegetarian Diet||Suitable for vegetarian diet.|
|Fortified||Serve with a dollop of cream and custard.|
|Gluten Free||Not suitable for gluten free diet.|
|Dairy Free||Replace butter with dairy free butter. Replace cream and custard with soy ice-cream.|
|Pureed||Not suitable to be pureed.|
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @soupedupsolutions