21 Jun Baked orange pudding
‘Oranges and lemons, say the bells of St Clements.‘ After you finish singing, try our delicious, warming baked pudding infused with orange and a hint of lemon flavour with raisins.
|Orange , peeled, raw||Juice||g||120|
|Orange , peeled, raw||Zest||g||60|
|Lemon peel , raw||Zest||g||15|
|Lemon , peeled, raw||Juice||g||30|
|Sugar , Caster||g||180|
|Butter , plain, no added salt||g||420|
|Sugar , Caster||g||540|
|Egg , chicken, whole raw||g||350|
|Milk , cow, fluid unflavoured||ml||540|
|Flour , wheat, white plain||kg||1|
|Baking powder , dry powder||g||42|
|Butter , plain, no added salt||g||60|
- Squeeze the juice of the oranges and lemons; pour over the sugar; set aside.
- Mix the orange and lemon rind with the raisins.
- Cream the butter and sugar; beat in the eggs.
- Add the milk alternately with the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Mix in the minced fruit and rind.
- Bake in greased baking dishes in a moderate oven, 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Pour over the juice and sugar while the pudding is still hot. Garnish with orange segments
|Healthy Choices||Suitable for healthy choices.|
|Vegetarian Diet||Suitable for vegetarian diet.|
|Fortified||Serve with a dollop of cream and custard.|
|Gluten Free||Replace flour with gluten free flour.
Replace baking powder with gluten free baking powder.
|Dairy Free||Replace butter with dairy free butter. Replace milk with soy milk or coconut milk.|
|Pureed||Suitable to be pureed. Omit raisins. Add orange segments before pureeing.|
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @soupedupsolutions