20 Oct Baked Strawberry Cheesecake
Our decadent baked cheesecake melts in the mouth, while the antioxidants and phytochemicals contained in the strawberries balance the guilty pleasure of this dessert.
Pleasing on the eye as well as the tastebuds, enjoy the crunch of the sweet biscuit base followed by the zesty cheesecake centre and strawberries and cream finish.
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Nice Biscuit||kg||1||Gluten (in wheat, oats, rye and barley), Soya, Wheat gluten, (gliadin)|
|Cream cheese Spread||Softened||kg||2||Animal milk|
|Rich Cream||ml||475||Animal milk|
- Process biscuits and brown sugar in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Add butter and process until combined. Using hands, press mixture over the base and sides of a baking tray, finishing 1cm from the top.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C. Place cream cheese and castor sugar in a bowl then grate lemon zest over. Add lemon juice to cream cheese mixture with vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, beating until just combined. Add egg yolk and beat until just combined. Gently fold through the strawberries and cream.
- Pour mixture into tin with base until level with top of crumbs. Bake for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 160°C and bake for a further 45 minutes – 1 hour, until mixture is set.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours. Serve.