11 Jan Carrot Cake
When searching for a healthy indulgence, nothing beats our moist carrot cake. The bio-availability of beta-carotene increases as a carrot is processed and cooked.
Grating the carrot first, and cooking with oil, boosts total beta-carotene bioavailability by up to 39% (because carotenoids are soluble in fat).
Combine this with the lutein and zeaxanthin in the eggs and Omega 3s in the walnuts, and all of your residents will be reaching for a second slice!
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Self-raising Flour||Sifted||g||300||Gluten (in wheat; oats; rye and barley), Wheat gluten (gliadin)|
|Dried Cinnamon Ground||g||5|
|Walnut||Chop||g||120||Peanut, Tree nuts|
Method – Cake
- Set oven to 190°C.
- Combine together oil, eggs and brown sugar.
- Add flour, grated carrot, cinnamon, vanilla essence and walnuts. Mix well.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool then ice.
|Cream cheese Spread||g||300||Animal milk|
Method – Cream Cheese Icing
- Beat cheese, gradually add icing sugar.
- Add orange juice, beat well.
- Spread or pipe as required.