15 May Chicken curry with vegetables
Make the most of the freshest seasonal vegetables as you plan your Winter menus and save some dollars and the environment in the process!
Try this delicious recipe from the #SoupedUp Kitchen for a chicken and vegetable curry, served with fluffy basmati rice and coriander. Suitable for pureeing too for IDDSI Level 4 textures.
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Chicken, Thigh fillets, Raw||Small Dice||kg||3|
|Onion, Brown, Raw||Cut into wedges||g||300|
|Bean, Green, Fresh or frozen raw||Halved||g||700|
|Capsicum, Raw||Fine Dice||g||700|
|Zucchini, Green skin, Fresh or frozen raw||Fine Dice||g||700|
|Coconut, Milk, Canned regular fat||ml||625|
|Coriander, Fresh, Leaves & stems||g||22.5|
|Paste, Yellow curry, Commercial||g||100|
1. Saute diced chicken in oil until brown.
2. Add vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add curry paste.
4. Add water and coconut milk.
5. Simmer for 30-45 minutes until chicken is cooked.
6. Add coriander and season with salt and pepper. Serve with fluffy basmati rice and optional red chilli.