27 Jul Happy Fatty Omega-3
Ready to get your happy on? You can with Omega-3! Not only praised for its health benefits, Omega-3 could improve your mood. One study from the University of Pittsburgh found that people with higher levels of Omega-3 fatty acids were less likely to experience moderate or mild symptoms of depression.
Sources that contain the highest levels of Omega-3 fatty acids include flax seeds, walnuts, and salmon. So, get happy today with a delicious Salmon Mornay from the SoupedUp Kitchen. Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Lemon peel, raw||g||10|
|Cheese, parmesan, fresh||Grate||g||300|
|Parsley, continental, raw||Chop||g||60|
|Butter, plain, no added salt||g||300|
|Flour, wheat, white plain||g||300|
|Milk, cow, fluid regular fat (~3.5%)||l||2.7|
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, place breadcrumbs, lemon rind, oil, half the parmesan, half the parsley in a bowl and mix well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles and begins to come away from the side of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until combined. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Combine pasta, salmon and white sauce.
- Put salmon mixture into a oven dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture and put in oven until top is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.
|Healthy Choices||Serve with vegetables or salad.|
|Vegetarian Diet||Replace salmon with vegetarian mince or
|Fortified||Stir through cream. Sprinkle with extra cheese before serving.|
|Gluten Free||Replace pasta with gluten free pasta. Replace breadcrumbs with gluten free breadcrumbs.
Replace flour with gluten free flour. Canned fish may contain gluten; refer to product label.
|Dairy Free||Replace butter with dairy free butter. Replace milk with soy milk. Replace cheese with soy cheese. Breadcrumbs and canned fish may contain milk; choose dairy free breadcrumbs and canned fish.|
|Pureed||Suitable to be pureed. Serve without parsley.|
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @soupedupsolutions