20 Oct Kung Pao Lamb
Our Kung Pao Lamb packs a punch with its chilli, ginger and garlic kick. Fragrant and bright, this stir fry is full of Asian flavours and a great addition to your Autumn menu.
As well as protein, lamb contains key vitamins and minerals that reduce tiredness and fatigue, while chilli and red capsicum add antioxidants, vitamin A, C and B6. Kung Pao Wow!
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Lamb, Stir Fry Strips||Thinly slice||kg||3.7|
|Onion, Red||Cut into wedges||g||550|
|Capsicum, Red||Thinly slice||g||900|
|Chicken Stock||ml||700||Wheat gluten (gliadin)|
|Oyster Sauce||ml||225||Fish, Gluten (in wheat, oats, rye and barley),Wheat gluten (gliadin), Soya, Sulphur dioxide and sulphites,|
|Hoi sin Sauce||ml||113||Sesame seed, Soya,Gluten (in wheat, oats, rye and barley), Wheat gluten (gliadin), Fish|
|Cornflour||g||113||Sulphur dioxide and
|Rice, White Long Grain||kg||1.9|
|Hoi sin Sauce||ml||300||Sesame seed, Soya,Gluten (in wheat, oats, rye and barley), Wheat gluten (gliadin), Fish|
- Cook rice according to packet instructions. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add half the oil and heat until just smoking. Stir-fry one-third of the lamb for 30 seconds or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining lamb, reheating the wok between batches.
- Add the remaining oil and heat over high heat. Stir-fry the onion and capsicum for 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the peanuts, garlic, chilli and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until peanuts are golden.
- Combine stock, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and cornflour in a small jug. Add the stock mixture and lamb to the wok. Bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir in the shallot.
- Serve with rice and extra crushed chilli and hoisin sauce.