14 Jun Madeira cake
A perfect pairing with a cup of tea? A plain, yet deliciously light and airy madeira cake, with a slight vanilla flavour could be just the ticket for afternoon tea.
|Flour, wheat, white plain||g||600|
|Baking powder, dry powder||g||24|
|Egg, chicken, whole raw||g||250|
|Milk, cow, fluid unflavoured||ml||120|
- Set oven at 190°C.
- Sieve together the plain flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a little flour with each.
- Add the vanilla flavour.
- Fold in the remainder of the flour alternately with the milk to produce a smooth, fairly soft batter.
- Place in greased baking tin. Bake in a moderate oven for about 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool on a wire rack.
|Healthy Choices||Serve with fruit.|
|Vegetarian Diet||Suitable for vegetarian diet.|
|Fortified||Serve with a dollop of cream and custard.|
|Gluten Free||Replace flour and baking powder with gluten free versions.|
|Dairy Free||Replace butter with dairy free butter. Use soy or coconut milk.|
|Pureed||Suitable to be pureed.|
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @soupedupsolutions