15 Nov Enjoy summer’s bounty with peach blossom recipe
You know summer is here with the arrival of the most treasured fruits of all: stone fruits. Peaches, nectarines, and apricots are all coming into season, packed with vitamins A, C and E, as well as dietary fibre, potassium and antioxidants.
But peaches, with their delicate blushed skin and creamy flesh, top the list as perhaps the most delectable of them all. Nothing fills a kitchen with more sweetness than the heady perfume of a fully ripened peach.
Make the most of the bounty by displaying these beauties’ velvety perfection on platters in dining rooms while serving our SoupedUp Peach Blossom dessert to complete the sensory experience for your residents.
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Peach, Fresh or canned in syrup||Slice||kg||1|
|Jelly crystals, Pineapple flavoured||g||100|
|Gelatine, All types||g||36|
|Flour, Wheat, White plain||g||36|
|Cream, Regular thickened, 35% fat||l||1.2|
|Jelly crystals, Raspberry flavoured||g||100|
|Juice, Apple, Commercial||ml||900|
1. Prepare and set raspberry jelly.
2. Soak gelatine in 300 mls of the cold water.
3. Mix flour to a smooth paste with 300 mls of the water.
4. Put remainder of water on to boil and add sugar.
5. Add flour mixture and stir until boiling.
6. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Add gelatine and stir until dissolved.
8. Allow to cool, and add fruit juice or puree.
9. When just beginning to set, beat until the volume doubles.
10. Spread flummery on top of jelly.
11. Lay peaches on flummery.
12. Prepare pineapple jelly and pour over peaches.
13. Place in refrigerator to set.
14. Serve with custard or cream.
|Healthy Choices||Suitable for healthy choices.|
|Vegetarian Diet||Suitable for vegetarian diet.|
|Fortified||Serve with a dollop of cream and custard.|
|Gluten Free||Replace flour with gluten free flour.|
|Dairy Free||Replace cream with soy ice-cream.|
|Pureed||Not suitable for puree diet.|