22 Sep Potato and Herb Croquettes with Mushroom Sauce
Soft and fluffy on the inside, warm and crispy on the outside, these delightful potato and herb croquettes are a popular addition to any Spring menu. Served with a rich mushroom sauce, these moreish parcels are a complete vegetarian meal packed with selenium, potassium, riboflavin, niacin and vitamin D.
The combination of fresh parsley, chives and tarragon add a lovely, fresh feel and enhance the flavours in this dish.
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Mixture||Egg, Whole||Lightly whipped||g||880||Eggs|
|Mixture||White Plain Flour||g||300||Gluten (in wheat, oats, rye and barley), Wheat gluten (gliadin)|
|Mixture||White Breadcrumbs||g||600||Gluten (in wheat, oats, rye and barley), Wheat gluten (gliadin), Sesame seed, Soya|
|Sauce||Onion, Brown||Fine dice||g||300|
|Sauce||Button Mushroom||Fine dice||kg||1|
|Sauce||White Wine, Dry||ml||100|
|Sauce||Rich Cream||l||1||Animal milk|
|Mixture||Cheddar Cheese||Grate||g||450||Animal milk|
- Roughly chop potatoes. Steam until very soft then mash and season. Set aside and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then stir through herbs, half the eggs and salt and pepper.
- Place flour, remaining eggs, grated cheese and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Roll one tablespoon of the potato mixture into a log shape. Roll the croquette in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in the
egg and roll in the breadcrumbs to evenly coat. Place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Place the croquette in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add 4 croquettes to oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat in batches. Drain on a paper towel. Serve with lemon wedges.
To make sauce:
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, mushrooms and cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add wine, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in cream and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with croquettes.