20 Jun Sweet potato couscous
Broccoli, sweet potatoes and corn are the heroes but you could easily add pomegranate, chick peas and spices like cumin, coriander & cinnamon to take this dish to the next level. Combine fluffy couscous with steamed broccoli, corn and baked sweet potato. Top with toasted pine nuts and a zesty oil and lemon dressing for a knock-out, hearty vegetable salad.
|Sweet potato , orange flesh, peeled or unpeeled fresh or frozen raw||Chop||kg||1.3|
|Oil spray , canola||ml||60|
|Broccoli , fresh or frozen, raw||kg||2|
|Corn , kernels, canned||g||500|
|Couscous , uncooked||kg||1.6|
|Nut , pine, raw unsalted||g||400|
|Avocado , raw||kg||2|
|Mint , raw||g||190|
|Oil , olive||ml||200|
|Lemon , raw||Juice||ml||200|
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place sweet potato onto a baking tray. Spray with oil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets. Steam broccoli and corn kernels.
- In a saucepan bring stock to the boil. Place couscous in a large bowl and pour over heated stock and rake with a fork.
- Let the couscous sit for 5 min then rake again.
- Mix in broccoli, corn kernels, sweet potato and pine nuts. Peel and cut the avocado’s into 2cm chunks and mix.
- Pick mint leaves and scatter through the couscous.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice to serve.
|Healthy Choices||Suitable for healthy choices as is.|
|Vegetarian Diet||Suitable for vegetarian diet.|
|Fortified||Stir through butter or oil. Sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.|
|Gluten Free||Replace couscous with rice. Stock may contain gluten; choose gluten free stock.|
|Dairy Free||Suitable for dairy free diet.|
|Pureed||Suitable to be pureed. Omit mint leaves and corn kernels.|
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @soupedupsolutions