26 Nov Spaghetti Bolognaise
You can’t go wrong with the classic spaghetti bolognaise, a great comfort food for the cooler seasons and everyone’s favorite!
|Unit||Serve 30||Serve 50|
|Onion, fine dice||gms||300||500|
|Salt and Pepper||To taste|
1. Sauté beef mince, garlic and onion in oil. Mix in tomato paste and tomato sauce.
2. Mix in flour and cook-out for a few minutes.
3. Gradually add warmed stock – stir until mince is free of any lumps. Add bay leaves, mixed herbs and basil. Season with salt and pepper, bring to the boil and skim.
4. Allow to simmer gently until meat is tender. Add more stock if required. Remove bay leaves.
5. Serve with spaghetti pasta.
|Healthy Choices||Serve with vegetables or salad.|
|Vegetarian Diet||Replace beef mince with vegetarian mince. Replace beef stock with vegetable stock.|
|Fortified||Stir through butter or oil. Sprinkle with grated cheese before serving.|
|Gluten Free||Replace spaghetti with gluten-free pasta. Replace flour with gluten-free flour. Stock, tomato sauce, and tomato paste may contain gluten; choose gluten-free stock, tomato sauce and tomato paste.|
|Diary Free||Tomato sauce may contain milk; choose dairy free tomato sauce.|
|Pureed||Suitable to be pureed.|