21 Jul Winter Warmers: Cauliflower, Ginger and Barley Soup
You’d be forgiven for thinking it feels like an extra long winter this year. With Covid-19, cold weather (for those down south) and other nasty cold and flu bugs, it’s important to eat foods that not only taste good, but also provide the best nutrients to keep you healthy.
Our Pearl Barley, Ginger and Cauliflower Soup is straight from the SoupedUp kitchen and offers a range of health benefits to strengthen your immune system this winter.
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
|Pearl barley||Gluten, wheat gluten||300g|
|Brown Onion||Fine dice||450g|
|Ground Ginger||Check label||18g|
|Ground Coriander||Check label||24g|
|Ground Cumin||Check label||24g|
|Vegetable Stock||Check label||4litres|
|Ground Turmeric||Check label||24g|
|Cheddar Cheese||Animal Milk||Grate||250g|
- Place barley in bowl, cover well with boiling water, stand 1 hour, drain.
- Heat oil in large pan, add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add ginger, turmeric, dried coriander and cumin seeds, cook. Stirring, until fragrant. Add barley, apple and carrot, cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add stock, simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Add cauliflower, cook, covered, for a further 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Blend, then stir in the fresh coriander.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese.