An event that has been big in the news lately is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 space program. It has been a full half-century since mankind placed the first footstep upon the surface of the moon. Apart from being a heroic achievement of human science, engineering and courage, the moon landing also conclusively disproved the old saying that ‘the moon is made of cheese’.
Luckily for us, there is still plenty of cheese on good old planet Earth. Try out this recipe for Cheesy Baked Cauliflower from the #soupedupkitchen.
Made it? Snap a photo and hashtag it #soupeduprecipes. We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray oven proof dishes with cooking spray.
2. Trim cauliflower and cut into florets, then steam until tender.
3. Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
4. Add milk, whisking constantly and cook for a further 3 – 4 minutes until thickened.
5. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
6. Place steamed cauliflower into prepared dishes, top with half the cheese. Pour the white sauce over the cheese, then top with the remaining cheese.
7. Bake, uncovered, for 20 – 30 minutes, until golden.